A Message from the Indiana Association of Realtors:
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb issued Executive Order 20-08. It directs Hoosiers to stay at home to help stop the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The order is effective at 11:59pm on March 24, 2020 through 11:59pm on April 6, 2020.
Number 14, section T of the order lists real estate services as essential. It includes appraisal and title services. We often say that real estate happens at the corner of life and change, so this order is good news. It means REALTORS? may continue to help their clients find the comfort of home following major events. However, we cannot stress enough that it is NOT business as usual.
You must follow the travel and social distancing requirements of the order. You can find those in number 16, section A, and number 17. Here are the main points:
- Keep six-foot distances
- Do not shake hands
- Wash hands with soap and water for a minimum 20 seconds and do so frequently
- Clean high-touch surfaces on a regular basis
- Have hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available
- Maintain separate operating hours for vulnerable populations
- Post your hours of operation and how to best reach you online
- Travel related to the provision of essential business services is allowed (Number 14 includes real estate as an essential service)
The Sanders Group Realty will continue to enforce travel and social distancing requirements while servicing your Real Estate Needs. Stay safe, prayerful and call us if you need us. We will continue to update you as needed.